jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Which is easier?

1. Instgtr profile image80
    Instgtrposted 4 years ago

Which is easier?

If I want to post things to my own blog AND to Hubpages - which is (technically) the easiest to do FIRST, post the blog entry or the hubpages entry (and then paste to the other?)

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

Doing this is a violation of HubPages rules. Any content appearing in a hub should not appear elsewhere on the Internet. It doesn't matter if you post it first on HubPages, or first on your blog. Either way, it's what HP calls duplicate content.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

Writing the article on hubpages makes it exclusive to hubpages, but from my understanding mentioning your article in your blog and directing people to your hubpage article can only benefit hubpages.  In addition, I just read an article that says a blog is effective when it just covers main points because people just scan blogs.You want them bulleted and with headings and not as much content, I'm presuming for them to be effective.
    So regarding your article on "Golf, The Best Card Game I've Ever Played," for example, you could have a blog entry like, "The Lost Art of Card Games" and give a few sentences about games we've played as kids, etc. and end with something like, "but one of the very best card games I've ever played is 'Golf'.  Learn how to play it here." (and then highlight that sentence and link back to the hub article. (You get the idea). You can read hubbers talk about doing that with Bubblews, etc.  The specific content needs to be exclusive to hubpages, but surely linking to our articles from blogs and facebook, etc. only makes sense and would bring more visitors to your hub articles and thus more income to hubpages.  Just be sure you're not duplicating the article.  At least, this is my understanding of the whole concept.  (btw, have you ever played "Presidential Solitaire".  It's a card game I invented!)

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

This is against Hubpages rules. If you do this, they will flag your hub as duplicate content.

5. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

I'm in the Apprenticeship program, and another team mate just asked this question last week as she wants to be able to post one of her articles on HP and elsewhere. Our HP mentor told her that she must post on HP first. Then she can post elsewhere. I believe Google can pick up where it comes from first. By posting on HP first, HP will not be penalized for this. However, your personal blog may be penalized by Google. So, you may want to think about that before proceeding. You could write a short blog and then link back to your hub.

Also, you can feed your hubs into your blogs. This is what I have done. It provides the title and excerpt with picture. When someone clicks on "Read More," they will be taken directly to my hub. If you are using WordPress, you can even categorize your syndicated hubs. I also do this. You may see what I'm talking about here: http://abbycampbellonline.com/articles/ . If you place your cursor on "Articles" on the horizontal menu at the top of the page, you will reveal a list of the different categories. All my hubpages are syndicated under "Articles," but I also have them categorized.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ah, this is really important information.  Thanks, Abby.  And that's the BEST blog layout I've ever seen! Clever, great. I'm changing my blogs!

6. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 4 years ago

JT is right, it would be considered duplicate content under the Hubpages rules.  What you can do is post it on Hubpages then on your blog you can post a link to your hubpage post.

7. Instgtr profile image80
    Instgtrposted 4 years ago

First, I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my question!!!

I've decided to do the HP posts and then post the links on my blog (as most everyone suggested) and want to thank Abby Campbell for showing the way that she is doing it and hope she won't mind if I use her blog as a guide for how I'll go about doing mine!

Thanks again to everyone!

Dennis

working