jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Do you receive responses to hubs which reveal that the reader did not really rea

1. Mekenzie profile image83
    Mekenzieposted 4 years ago

Do you receive responses to hubs which reveal that the reader did not really read it?

When details are missed or misconstrued it is clear that your article was merely skimmed quickly without much thought.  Does it discourage you?

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

I do notice that it does happen at times, but it really does not discourage me. I learned a lesson myself not to try to read and comment when my granddaughters are visiting with us while they are still awake or not napping during the day on the weekends.  It just cannot be done!  : )

Mekenzieposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean Faith - I can't concentrate well when my grandkids are here either - I've been guilty myself of skimming an article only to find I didn't grasp the intent of the writer.

3. dusoea profile image59
    dusoeaposted 4 years ago

It is part of blogging and something you need to learn to adjust to.

As a reader, who writes too, I choose hubs I enjoy because of the time It takes to enter the mind of a writer and leave a meaningful comment. Writing takes lots of time and its hard to write, read and comment .. tempting me to skim too. smile

4. Temi Benjamin profile image43
    Temi Benjaminposted 4 years ago

No, it doesn't. If anything, it's a great way to prolong the comment thread cause I'd be sure to explain in detail. smile

whoa, great and positive response Temi - like turning lemons into lemonade.  I like this!

5. allpurposeguru profile image81
    allpurposeguruposted 4 years ago

No. And here's something that's even better:

I once had a reader who challenged my basic thesis and included a long extract from a historical document to prove his point. Upon careful reading, I realized that it proved mine!

Responding to that comment was some of the most fun I've had here!

Love it!

6. LensMan999 profile image51
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Ya, it's true. Sometimes I have felt that the responses were made by simply reading the first two lines, introduction or the side headings. But it has never made me feel bad as they found time to leave a comment. It may be the attractiveness of the topic heading that may have tempted them to read the hub. So I never feel discouraged.

Great perspective Lens ...Thanks!

2. nArchuleta profile image94
      nArchuletaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree -- maybe it's a compliment to how well you crafted your title.

working