jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How long are you considered a new Hubber?

1. New Understanding profile image81
    New Understandingposted 4 years ago

How long are you considered a new Hubber?

I see there are Hub challenges for new Hubbers and wondered how long you have that status. Although I started with Hubpages 6 mos ago, I hadn't published an article until a few weeks ago. Not sure what category I'm in.  I have published 7 hubs so far.

2. Savio Dawson profile image86
    Savio Dawsonposted 4 years ago

It is for the first 60 days of joining Hubpages. This is also the time you are nominated for Rising Star accolade. So, because of the accolade period, we are called newbies.

After that pure professionals :-)

New Understandingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Savio.  I think I have a way to go before I'd call my self a professional, but I'm learning each day...getting closer LOL

2. Savio Dawson profile image86
      Savio Dawsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hello New Understanding,
      Professional or not is just a frame of mind.. If you think you are a professional, you will be.... A bit of philosophy.. sorry about that.. All the best!!

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image55
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

This is an interesting question!
    As soon as you publish a hub, I think you become an active member. The more you participate in Forums, Q-A sections, you learn more. Even commenting and responding to comments requires a certain amount of skill.
    I believe learning is an ongoing and continuous process and even after spending over one year over here, I am still learning.
    HubPages keeps on changing certain rules, according to the changing online world  and then again we go back to the  learning center.
    Therefore, I believe we are always learning like a new hubber. That's my opinion.

New Understandingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Right Chitrangada it's a continuous process for sure!  I appreciate your reply!

working