When is a new hubber no longer considered new

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Variety Writer profile image61
    Variety Writerposted 13 years ago

When is a new hubber no longer considered new. Is it determined by the length of membership? Number of hubs?

1. Iamsam profile image60
      Iamsamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is not the time. It is the knowledge that make you a new or old hubber.

There are people who joined a year ago but not done anything.  No knowledge about hubpages and its potential.  They are treated as new hubbers.

In a few days you can become an old hubber by gaining knowledge about hubpages and its potential in many ways.

Thanks

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

What difference does it make? hmm

3. smcopywrite profile image59
      smcopywriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i dont really think there i an actual time.i joined hub pages and got deterred and didnt publish my first hub for six months. you are no longer new when you consider yourself no longer new

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I think it depends.

For instance there are a couple of hubbers who've been on the site over a year and have over one hundred hubs - but I'd still class them as new because they come to the forums and ask very basic questions.

On the other hand, I've seen hubbers who've been here less than 3 months, have read everything in the FAQ and Learning Centre and are already earning $20+ per month.

I think interacting on the forum also makes you appear less new, since people get to know you.

If it's any consolation, I still feel new!

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wry you are a pro... and old.. oops I mean senior hubber,  I guess after six months on HP you are moderately old and after a year you are I guess you are no longer a new hubber! smile that is as WryLilt says after you learnt the basics!! smilesmilesmile

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
      Hestia DeVotoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having only been here for 3 months, I have to say that I'd think of someone who has been here for that long with that many hubs as being either clueless or lazy given how much free and available info is all over the site.

3. AdamShermer profile image60
    AdamShermerposted 13 years ago

I'm definitely new hear and I don't look forward being old either. I want to enjoy it here, learn and share as much as I can smile

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

WELCOME TO HUBPAGES!

4. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
    Hestia DeVotoposted 13 years ago

The HubNuggests program is only open to hubbers who are within the first 60 days of joining, so that's one way of looking at new vs not new.

I was thinking the same thing.  HubNuggets are only opened for new hubbers who've here less than 2 months.  So since I've been here three months now, I'm not a newbie anymore... I'm an oldie. lol

1. twobmad profile image60
        twobmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol... you are here again.. paradise lost.. tongue.. the Oldie, the Goodie..... sure know it huh

5. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I'm definitely new, but I am starting to get the hang of hub writing. There are still some very basic things I have to figure out (like how to input the hubmob rss feed into a hub), but hubpages has a great learning center!

I agree with Hestia: anyone who qualifies for the hubnuggets program is a newbie.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simply copy and paste the URL of the RSS feed into an RSS feed capsule on your hub. smile

1. leahlefler profile image95
        leahleflerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, WryLit! That saved me a search through the Learning Center. :-)

6. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

hi leahlefler just to let you know are not alone with that rss feed thing.  If ever I write a hub for the hubmob topic, I struggle with that part of it. I have even added a rss feed to a hub and had it vanish overnight so I had to repeat the sequence. smile

It happened to me too.. When I looked at my old hubmob hubs, the rss feed are all blank.  So this week when it went blank, I just deleted it.

7. ThomasE profile image67
    ThomasEposted 13 years ago

I've been here 3 months, and I still feel very new. It certainly isn't a question of how many hubs you have published either.

8. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"When is a new hubber no longer considered new?"

When they get ripped apart in the forums. And live. smile

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh. I guess I'm still new then.

well, I'd been slugged a couple of times..

9. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I will say this, I would take my advice from the Learning Center and reputable hubbers who have been here at least a year or two.
    I've read far too many hubs and forum posts from newbies giving out false information and I see them being read by other new hubbers. I just finished reading one and it irked me a bit that someone here less than 3 months thinks they know more than what's presented by HP in the Learning Center. Just because someone is making $, or says they're making $, does not mean they're writing quality hubs and giving out sound advice in their hubs. I've seen some hastily written hubs that look like they were written hastily. That's what makes HP look bad, Advertisers don't want to be linked to those kind of articles.

I'm still learning... daily.. there's a lot to learn.

10. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Agree with Rebekkah about misleading advice being given out by newbies, all sort of rubbish being written - and I apologise for that - it's what I do.

Apart from that - hanging about in the forums is a good way to age yourself.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark, no worries on your part! plus your humor is refreshing. big_smile
      I'm sure most of us remember our newbie days. I was totally in unfamiliar territory, learning how to write/publish online is a new ballgame.

11. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I feel o-o o-old...

12. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Very interesting Forum thread to me...

I've been here under 5 months, and I still feel new, yet I definitely know A LOT more than 4 months ago!

Just my opinion, but I'd say when you've been here over 6 months AND understand how HP works, you're not really "new" at the game anymore.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)