jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is the hub articles useless if it is not featured

1. Elsy Chapmon profile image62
    Elsy Chapmonposted 4 years ago

Is the hub articles useless if it is not featured

I'm new here and I have read some information about hubpages.
    I found that if the hub is not featured, it won't be published to search engines.
    And a featured page may also become non-featured page if the hub has no response lately.

Then the visitors is only coming from social network sharing which I think is much less then those coming in from search engines.

What do you think?

2. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 4 years ago

I have had a few problems with them not being featured, but editing, adding pictures and other capsules will bring them back to being featured. I have not had one unfeatured for several months now.
    I can see where this can help improve quality and keep the quality of hubs high, thus improving the quality of hubpages. I was not crazy about it when it first started, but have seen improvement in the hubs I see. I guess I can deal with it.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

If your goal here is to make money, then yes, if a Hub is not featured it's useless.

In general, a Hub can't start earning a decent income until it's getting regular traffic from search engines.  Remember, you are earning only $3 or $4 per thousand views, so visits from other Hubbers, or your Facebook friends, just isn't going to be enough! 

If a Hub is not featured, search engines will totally ignore it.  Without the search engines it can't make enough money to be viable.

The first thing to do is check why it's unFeatured. If it failed the Quality Assessment Process, then it may be worth revising and improving it to see if you can get it to pass.  If it's unFeatured for "lack of engagement", that simply means it wasn't getting any traffic from search engines anyway:  in that case, it may be better moved to a blog or other revenue-sharing site where it will be given more time to attract a readership.

1. profile image54
      monlongleyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

How do I write my article?

4. forbcrin profile image59
    forbcrinposted 4 years ago

This is your title:

"Is the hub articles useless if it is not featured"

Maybe more attention to the language will give you a chance at being featured also...