jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why would my views be decreasing over the period of 24hrs?

1. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 4 years ago

Why would my views be decreasing over the period of 24hrs?

The same hub - my most popular one on the Health Benefits of LSA - had over 20 today views (not much but...I'm not fussy) when I looked this morning (NZ Time). Over the course of the day, without a change in 'day' as recognised by HP, it has dropped to 13ish.  I know it's the same day, because my earnings haven't gone in (was 0.00 this morning, still is).  Wondering what happened?

2. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

The 24 hours in the statistics is a rolling figure, so every hour, the 24 hour period changes to the last 24 hours. It is normal for the stats to fluctuate, especially if most of your views came in bunches.

3. krillco profile image92
    krillcoposted 4 years ago

It's always a bit of mystery...their accounting methods? Here is one possibility: if a person visits the same Hub twice, does it count as two views, or just one since it was the same person? Another bit of advice: relax, there's nothing you can do...treat it all kinda like th stock market: be in the for the long haul.

4. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 4 years ago

If that hub typically gets a lot of traffic, but there is a sudden drop, it may be ranking lower in Google searches.  Sometimes for no reason, I see a drop in my traffic and I discover Google has decided to frown upon me and my hubs for a while.  It is totally random and I can't explain it.  I hope your stats go back up!