jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Are you publishing 'Featured Hubs' for product review hubs?

1. Nimesh De Silva profile image79
    Nimesh De Silvaposted 4 years ago

Are you publishing 'Featured Hubs' for product review hubs?

I want to focus on Amazon Affiliate sales through HubPages. So how would publishing 'Featured Hubs' help me increase sales? Or do the successful Amazon Affiliate hubbers publish featured hubs for all of their product review hubs? Which is more effective? Please help.

2. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

Sounds like you're confused about what "featured hub" means. Here's the Learning Centre entry on the subject:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

Also, it's worth knowing that there are very few successful affiliate hubbers. Google has made it very hard to rank well with lots of affiliate focused content on Hubpages.

Nimesh De Silvaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How am I confused? I know what a featured hub is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a featured hub is a hub that has undergone Quality Assessment criteria and are identified as a hub that has quality content.

2. Greekgeek profile image95
      Greekgeekposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A featured hub is a hub that's passed the QAP, yes, but also it's a hub that continues to get a small trickle of traffic over time and engages viewers. Featured simply means "visible to search engines".

3. Susana S profile image98
      Susana Sposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I guess I didn't understand your question! Of course all hubs you write (for whatever monetisation method)  need to be featured for both quality and engagement otherwise you won't get any search traffic. No search traffic = no sales.

3. Greekgeek profile image95
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

Yep, getting hubs featured is a prerequisite for affiliate marketing, just like having concerts is a prerequisite for being a profitable band. You might be able to sell things even if people can't find you, but it's harder.

Keep in mind that "featured" on Hubpages means "a webpage that draws traffic and engages visitors." Engagement means they aren't just coming to your page, but reading your page, interacting with parts of your page, clicking links, and, in your case, buying.

So rather than just focusing on passing the QAP process (which is important), I think an affiliate marketer needs to focus on (1) how will people find my page? What gets traffic? How can I increase traffic? (2) how can I make the page engaging to visitors who find it? What are they looking for? Why would  they come to my page? What information or extras can I provide that they can't get by just going to Amazon and checking the reviews? How can I drive conversion?

In other words, instead of focusing on Hubpages' internal review system, which is just getting your hub out of the starting gate, sink your energy into creating content that meets the needs of visitors.

Caveat: affiliate marketing is REALLY hard nowadays, because generally, people can just go to Google shopping results or Amazon and compare reviews.

Therefore, just like a travel agent trying to survive in an environment where you've been made superfluous, you have to provide something more -- something people can't get by going straight to shopping sites and starting their product search process there.

Nimesh De Silvaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for the precise answer.
      It all makes much sense now.
      I still wouldn't give up on Amazon just yet. But thanks for your helpful insights.

working