jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Have you sacrificed your reputation for the sake of increasing traffic/earnings?

1. yougotme profile image88
    yougotmeposted 4 years ago

Have you sacrificed your reputation for the sake of increasing traffic/earnings?

If you haven't, will you? I mean, there is another way of increasing your earnings, and that is to make a controversial hub/post or something against someone. You will have high tendency of having a lot of hits/views, but definitely you'll have haters.

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

No. To purposely sacrifice my reputation goes against the principle of why I'm writing here at HP. I want people to get to know me as a writer. I think giving up one's reputation would probably have the opposite effect. Even though there are "haters" out there who would probably follow me, I'd lose the people who I respect. It's not worth the trade off.

yougotmeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing a response Sheila! I think that's a great point! It feels bad losing the people you respect and who respect you back. Personally, I won't make that move, but there are some people who urges me to experiment on that idea.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

It is against the hubpages rules to write about another hubber if this is what you mean. As far as writing about my dissatisfaction about this site, I have done so.

It may not be limited just to a fellow hubber. For example, you may write things you don't like about someone famous (i.e. celebrities) in such a way that it sounds like an attack. Other fans will surely hate you about it but then it may go viral. smile

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree my friend.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Nope. I write about the same silly/pointless crap I've always written about. I suck at SEO. I throw my stuff out there and if the Internet gods smile upon it, fabulous. If not, I try again...

5. Monis Mas profile image77
    Monis Masposted 4 years ago

No, I wouldn't be able to do that. It wouldn't feel right.

6. Tonipet profile image84
    Tonipetposted 4 years ago

No. My foremost reason to write is to make friends, share the best of my knowledge, learn from the many wonderful people here and create a long term relationship with everyone in the best that i could afford. So even if I get only minimal traffic/earnings, and not everyone will like me and my work, I'd prefer to remain this way than hurt feelings. Thank you yougotme. More power to you! :smile-Tonette

Great insights Tonipet! It was nice hearing such response. More power to you too!

7. gitachud profile image91
    gitachudposted 4 years ago

No. At the moment am working on learning how it all works and traffic is the last thing on my mind. However, as a newbie I would love to know how you keep such high scores.

working