jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I still can't edit the "content to monetize" of my application to adsense-after

1. shielamaeparreno profile image73
    shielamaeparrenoposted 4 years ago

I still can't edit the "content to monetize" of my application to adsense-after 2 months of waiting.

I know this was discussed previously but i'd like to ask,do I wait 6 months before I can change that? Thanks!

2. susi10 profile image97
    susi10posted 4 years ago

This is a very common problem, and Google have yet to fix it. The only way to change it is to get the website that is 'stuck' in the application to be approved. Then, using the same account you can apply for your HP account. Or, you may have to make a new Google account.

It depend what country you are from, on whether to apply for AdSense. Countries from Asia and some from Africa may have to wait for six months. To see if your specific country is on the list, check the AdSense Terms Of Service.

shielamaeparrenoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes thanks susi, I'm from Asia.. I created the youtube account coz I thought it'd be approved faster using that instead of my account here. But since it's stuck, I guess I don't have much choice but to wait it out.

3. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 4 years ago

I had the same problem. I originally applied for AdSense for my own website and was denied. Then I started writing on HubPages and built up some content here so I could apply to be approved for HubPages instead, but it wouldn't let me. My website was already "in process" or something. Probably whatever message you're getting. Well, since I'd been wanting to work on improving my website anyway, I did that. I stopped writing for HP and updated the content on my own website.

But I had two other side issues as well. The next time I tried to get approved, I realized that Google thought I was under 18 and was never going to approve me because of that. I had entered the wrong birth year when I created my account, and try as I might, there was literally no way to change my birthdate. They just won't let you. MAN was that frustrating! So . . . I didn't know if this would screw me up further with Google being Nazi's and all . . . but I deleted my Google account and recreated a new one with the same email address. I could have made a new email address and a new separate account, but I really didn't want another email address. Well, it worked. I was then able to reapply for AdSense and could have used either my website or HP for "content to monetize". I went ahead and used my website and was approved.

But wouldn't you know, it was a wordpress.com site and I quickly learned that wordpress.com doesn't allow you to monetize! Ugh! So then I wished I'd had my HP monetized! And yet, since I did want my website monetized, I was then thrown into the frenzy of creating a brand new self hosted site on wordpress.org.

That last part was just bonus info that has nothing to do with your question. smile But to answer your question, you might want to try creating a new Google account, either with a new email address, or canceling the old account and recreating it with the same address. I'm not responsible if what worked for me doesn't work for you though!

shielamaeparrenoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow! I wouldn't have the strength to pursue if those same things happened to me..whew, you're tough, and stubbornly persistent..I'll do just that! smile

I couldn't thank you enough but i'll say that anyway, Thanks a million for sharing!

Hugs,
      Shiela

working