jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Does HP have moderators that pose as undercover hubbers?

1. IDONO profile image83
    IDONOposted 4 years ago

Does HP have moderators that pose as undercover hubbers?

Mainly on Q&A it seems possible. How would that make you feel if they do?

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

It's a rare person/screen-name/user/whatever that I'm confident is unlikely to be posing as one thing (or one or more things) or another; so I wouldn't really care.  If someone looks absolutely too "iffy" or really makes me wonder I avoid them.  Other than that, unless someone comes across as really well "rooted" and well established as "at least most likely who s/he claims to be" I take what they say/do with the proverbial grain of salt.

I'm not a fan of deceit, but avoiding it would pretty much mean staying off the Internet, for the most part.  When it comes down to it, though, if someone went through the profiles on this site; and got a nice, big, look at who is posing as whom and what; it becomes clear that a whole lot of people on this site aren't (shall we say) fanatics about the truth.   LOL     smile

1. Lisa HW profile image72
      Lisa HWposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I just re-read my reply here and want to clarify that I meant "on the Internet" - not "in life in general".    If I can use a little inside-humor here, I've been "accused" of "being paranoid" in the past.  I can't afford any misunderstandings.   LOL

3. DrMark1961 profile image98
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

Are you serious? I have no idea, dont really care--but do you lie awake at night worrying about it?

1. IDONO profile image83
      IDONOposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Nope. Do you lie awake at night worrying if I'm lying awake at night? Or do you always answer questions with" I have no idea"? I can be sarcastic also. Save those answers for another question. Thank You.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Great question my friend. Do they have spies? Anything is possible.

5. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

It is possible. Many sites do have "undercover" admins. Sometimes, it's to create more activity. Sometimes, it's because they want to be a part of the group and posing as the "real" administrator/moderator, others would be intimidated and not answer. There are a host of reasons why they could post as "undercover." It doesn't bother me in the least. The only way I would feel squirmish about it is if I answered or commented in a way where I know I shouldn't have. Therefore, I try to answer in ways that are professional and that won't make me feel guilty or embarrassed later on.

1. IDONO profile image83
      IDONOposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Common sense wins again!

6. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I doubt it... if there really were "undercover" mods lurking in the Q&A section I would think that there would be far fewer silly/pointless questions.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Also, "Undercover Hubbers" would be a great name for a band.

7. Diana Lee profile image81
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

I don't know and I really don't care. This is open to whom ever wants to read it. I do think it is a good way for HP to gather our opinions and they should be aware of what we think. Good business on their part I'd say.

working