jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What can be done about the 'Stolen content'? Is it the root cause of always redu

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image55
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

What can be done about the 'Stolen content'? Is it the root cause of always reducing traffic?

In spite of everyone's best efforts, the traffic does not recover. Almost every second day we are finding, some one's content copied and stolen. I had two of my hubs copied earlier, now there are four, which I have come across. There might be more, I do not know. No favourable result, even after the DMCA. I wrote a direct message too, but that did not help. So, is it all the traffic which should come to HP, is directed elsewhere, because other hubbers have also complained before. Can HP do something to stop this?

2. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

It's easy to latch onto the idea that stolen content is the reason for traffic loss because it's simple and is kind of logical, but it very rarely is the reason.

At the moment it is NOT the reason for traffic losses on Hubpages. Traffic is not being redirected.

There is A LOT going on with Hubpages and Google right now and I'm sorry to say it's complex - there isn't a simple answer. Traffic may take months to return, or weeks, or might never get back to previous levels.  There may be things down the line that you can do to improve your pages so that Google likes them better, there may not be. This is the downside of putting content on a website that you don't own and don't have any control over.

It is still important to deal with your copyright though (and you can be assured that HP deal with their copyright too). Who are you sending DMCA's too? The hosting company? Google search? Google Adsense? Are you using the correct format? Sending to the hosting company is usually the quickest way to get rid of copied pages.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Susana S, for your elaborate answer!
      You have made some valid observations in your answer. I have followed the guidelines provided in the learning centre of HP. Thanks for your advice and I will try again.

3. Abby Campbell profile image93
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

I agree with Susana. I just did a bunch of research on this over the weekend. Writing to the hosting company of the offender is your best bet.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Abby Campbell, for responding to the question!
      I am going to file complaint again, as per your advice.
      Thank you!

working