Can somebody look at my hubs and tell me what is wrong with my hubs I am ready for extreme hub makeover. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Here are a few pointers
1. Create your profile ,Google loves it and hubbers do too!
2. Pics: every hub needs pics that represent what you are actually talking about leaving a hub blank can make people pass it by. Look it as eye candy, you have to capture the audience.
3. To many run-on sentences try to get used to using commas, colons, etc. nobody is perfect it will not happen overnight but try to break between sentences.
AEvans, thanks for your suggestions, I am going to create my profile, right now. I looked at your profile -loved it.
I am going to edit my articles and will find pictures to add.
Couple of points about one of your hubs "How to eliminate consumer debt including mortgage and reach financial freedom"
1) Firstly the title is too long - something like 'How to eliminate debt' is shorter, far easier to read and gets accross the same point.
2) Picture - it's blurry and pixilated - many people will stop reading here - make sure your picture is sharp and clear.
3)Introduction - you jump straight in, without giving me a sample of what to expect - tell me about consumer debt, and then tell me what the hub will show.
4)Bullets - you have several lists - but you can make them look better by using the in-built 'bullet' - it just organizes them far better.
5) Pictures - quite often a picture can convey a message far better than words - for instance, you could have someone holding their head toshow worry...or something like that...pictures also serve to break up the hub.
6) Using 'Quotes' to the right can often highlight key points in a hub - see my Newbies Guide for info on how to do this.
7) Links - you provide a couple of links - try using the 'link maker' provided with hubpages - it formats a little better and also shows a 'summary' of the webpage....
OK....that' enough for now LOL.....you look like you have some good ideas and content - but part of the key to success is to keep the reader on the page.....
by Georgiana Dacosta 4 years ago
I can't seem to find an answer for this in the learning center. I have a large set of articles I've been writing for a while + some time on my hands to dedicate to Hubpages for the next couple of months. Would publishing 10 hubs a day benefit or disadvantage me, both in terms of hub score /...
by Laura Schneider 5 years ago
Help! I woke up this morning to find that one of my mid-range performing hubs, "What is Creation, by Definition?" (http://lauraschneider.hubpages.com/hub/What-is-creation) had plummeted to a score of 55. It was 74 on Sept. 8th, 2013, and I know it is a well-written article with 3...
by Motherhood Trials 8 months ago
What would you do or advise a friend to do if they had NO idea that their spouse had a tiny portable spy cam and was caught with it by one of their kids? (spouses step child). When confronted he tried to deny and hide it but when that failed,He said he had it to see what the kids were doing . 2 are...
by Cuttler 2 years ago
What is the best way to end a relationship that you feel is weighing you down?Have you ever felt stuck in a relationship and the only way out is the hard way? How would you go about ending such a relationship?
by Amelia Griggs 4 years ago
I am creating my own 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge and there seems a broken link in regards to information on hub challenges. On the http://hubpages.com/faq/ page, for "41. What is a Hub Challenge?" if I click on the link, "in the HubPages Learning Center" which is at the end of...
by Martyv25 7 years ago
I have been on Hubpages two months now and to be honest I don't think I'm doing to bad considering i did not have a clue about writing before I came here.I have recently published my 37th Hub and was wondering how do people bring in such big traffic to their hubs in a short space of time?I use...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|