jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

How do you effectively tell strangers to find your work on hubpages?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

How do you effectively tell strangers to find your work on hubpages?

I meet people who might be interested in reading my articles on hubpages.  I have several problems.  1.  I can never remember that the url is simply my name plus a dot, plus hubpages.com 2.  I don't think people "catch" the word "hubpages" that readily.  3. I don't think they have time to sort through my list to find my work.  I am going to list my articles on my real website right up front and direct people to go there first because that's easier. Plus, that way they can see my writing and my other work.  But, I'm wondering how do YOU do it?

2. Theophanes profile image98
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

FaceBook, forums (posting on relevant threads - don't be a spammer, no one will click!) You can use you home page as a signature on your e-mail or forum posts or mention it in blog posts. You can make business cards up with the address if you're meeting people in the real world you want to share it with. Word-of-mouth often is the best though - write an awesome Hub that people like and they'll share it with their friends.

Generally when I'm sharing with someone I share the one relevant article I have. At the bottom of that article there will be links to related articles I've written and people can navigate from there. Instead of getting one click if they read it and like it they're very likely to click and read another one. Also they don't have to sift through what they're not interested in this way.

1. CraftytotheCore profile image84
      CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You beat me to it!  The business card idea I think works really well! smile

2. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, yes!  The business cards.  I told "Crafty" I need to wear the case around my neck. But how exactly do you tell people in person to find your "The Smallest Reptiles in the World" article? Often I give them a title and say "google the title".

3. CraftytotheCore profile image84
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I have a link on my website.  I also keep a separate blog, which I actually started first before learning about HP.  I don't blog much any more because I'm here now, but sometimes I also post on twitter.

Do you have business cards?  You could put the link on a business card without disclosing your phone number/address.

Billie Kelpin
    billiekelpin dot hubpages dot com

Ah, I'm in the process of updating my business cards. I told my husband,  I'm going to put those darn things in a case around my neck. We meet and talk to a lot of people walking around Dana Point near our little condo and I never have cards!

4. Doodlehead profile image80
    Doodleheadposted 4 years ago

Tell them to go to hubpages and type your name in the search box.  Voila! Your name and articles will come up.

I actually never thought of that!  Can you believe it?  True!  I only recently have discovered the wonder of those search boxes.  THANKS!

5. CelebrateUSA profile image82
    CelebrateUSAposted 4 years ago

I used to print out my hubs and give them to work associates but sadly I have not been able to print and share in person. I find it troublesome to hand write my HubPages website and more importantly, I liked teasing them with one article for them to look for more.

While i am not a cook, I used the recipe print for when we had work potlucks and this worked as a subtle marketing tool to open the discussion about my work here on HubPages.

CelebrateUSA, Thanks. Very Creative.  Handing out a print version is an interesting concept. I'm not sure what a recipe pint is, but I kind of get the idea.  Maybe you could write a hub about your creative ways of doing this if you haven't already.

6. liesl5858 profile image81
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

For me, I give them my username to Google it, then it will lead them to Hubpages where they can see all the hubs I have written and even the questions that I have answered in Hubpages.

That's exactly what I've been doing. I'm going also put a list of my articles on my real website and then just try handing people my business card with that address.  Today I was smart enough to keep my cards in my pocket on our walk round the harbor

working