jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Does the feature designation really increase either traffic or revenue?

1. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Does the feature designation really increase either traffic or revenue?

Well I finally got a chance to do a light calculation on Featured versus "lesser" hubs. As for me the Feature designation does not increase my traffic or scores.
    Do others have different impressions?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

What I find interesting is that the most recent Hubs I publish which are featured, with the most comments, sometimes get the lowest scores.  But yet I thought "lack of" engagement was the cause of many unfeatured.  That to me implies "lack of" would be lowest rated.  Sometimes some of my better Hubs come out of the starting line with a very low score.  Eventually they catch up.   
    Having said that, I haven't found a correlation to any reason that fluctuates traffic or revenue. 

When you find out the secret, please write a Hub so I can understand this better myself.  ;D

3. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 4 years ago

When a Hub is unFeatured it is slapped with a NOINDEX tag, which means eventually Google and other search engines may not index it or show it in their results, so yes it can definitely impact traffic and revenue.  It may take time though, since people have been reporting that the de-indexing does not happen immediately.

Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Awesome answer I hope, this also helps craftytothecore.
      Now does rewriting a non-featured hup and bringing it good with current process and layout and getting it featured then remove the NOINDEX tag.?

2. Rock_nj profile image92
      Rock_njposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, getting it re-featured removes the NOINDEX tag, but it is unclear whether long term damage is done with Google in their rankings.  It's best to get it featured ASAP and avoid NOINDEX problems.  It's a pain!  I don't like it.

4. number2son profile image60
    number2sonposted 4 years ago

I find that my featured hubs have the most views.  I don't know if it is because of better quality, better visibility, or a mix of the two though.

Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I must admit I get so few views over all that my analysis is probably skewed a bit. LoL

2. number2son profile image60
      number2sonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, it's not like I get so many views either.  That's just how they are split up, mostly on featured hubs.

working