jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think of hubbers who collect followers and then suddenly un folow al

1. Ranzi profile image84
    Ranziposted 4 years ago

What do you think of hubbers who collect followers and then suddenly un folow almost all of them?

I have noticed that a few people here on hubpages who were followers collected like hundreds of followers and then suddenly deleted almost all their followers. I mean I couldn't care less about how many followers I have but find it a little strange that people seem to be doing that.

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I've had that happen 3x this week.  But turns out, they were banned by HP.  I'm not sure why.  I went back to look at their Hubs.  They had 0 and a notice said they were banned.

1. Ranzi profile image84
      Ranziposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah that happens sometimes, but these people are still active on hubpages.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Over my years here I was following a few hundred people up until a couple months ago. I then sat down, went through, and unfollowed anyone who wasn't active or that I didn't read anymore. I went from following 400 to following 27. I'm sure to some that may have looked strange, but in reality I should have only been following 27 to begin with. I got caught up in the trying to be nice by following ways that I lost track of what following is really all about. If I'm not reading their work then it's pointless to follow. Others come in brand new and follow almost everyone then unfollow as soon as they have collected enough "return followers". While it's a bad practice it is efficient.

1. Ranzi profile image84

Thanks for your honest answer

4. tillsontitan profile image88
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

Fortunately my followers and me are friends too wink  I really haven't had anyone unfollow me but then I try to keep up with my faithful followers.

1. Ranzi profile image84

Did I ever tell you that you're a really nice lady tillsontitan smile

working