jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How do you copyright your hubs

1. rtburroughs2 profile image81
    rtburroughs2posted 4 years ago

How do you copyright your hubs

2. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

There are two ways:
    1) Create a text capsule -
            Type - Author: (your name linked to your profile) a dash (copyright symbol which you will find in the 'Special Character'{horseshoe}) and finally the current year. The closest that I can come here is "Author: (your name{link}) - @2013".

2) The other way is when you are in edit, pan the mouse to the right and down to 'Display Options'. Click on that and you will see an empty box next to the word copyright. Click on the down arrow and if you click on your name the Hub is copyrighted. You can leave edit and check the bottom of your Hub.

I hope that I explained these all right.

rtburroughs2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the directions on how to do this on my hubs. I also checked the legal aspects. I found out that as soon as my work is saved in some form it is copyrighted, so basically the copyright symbol shows that people should  ask before using.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image74
      The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. I am happy to help. :-)

3. PoeticPhilosophy profile image80
      PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was gonna answer but Examiner hit it right on. Glad you got your answer smile.

3. Doodlehead profile image78
    Doodleheadposted 4 years ago

I can raise my hand on this one. 
    I am taking the basic HTML.
    In our text, Basics of Web Design: HTML5 & CSS3  by  Terry Ann Felke-Morris it says what you write is automatically copyrighted. 

The origin of this is the World Wide Web Consortium if you care to check this out.

rtburroughs2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you I looked that up, what I found is that copyright begins the moment you work is saved, even just on your computer. The copyright notice just informs other people.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

You have a copyright on your hub as soon as you have written it.  You can add words to tell readers that you have the copyright by using the symbol, the date, and your name.  Hubpages has provided this feature for you, although some people are complaining because they also want to add the words "all rights reserved."

working