jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What does Editor's Choice really do?

1. CarolynEmerick profile image94
    CarolynEmerickposted 4 years ago

What does Editor's Choice really do?

I got my second Editor's Choice with my 11th hub. And I'm grateful for the recognition, but... does it do much of anything for you? What's the point of it? What are your experiences?

2. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago

A few of mine are getting better traffic. It gets a different url than the other hubs and may raise the ranking in the search engines. The staff say eventually they are going to do something special with these, but at this point they haven't said what.

CarolynEmerickposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks you!

3. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 4 years ago

At present from my experience it is just a really nice recognition that someone on the staff is looking at the hubs and making an effort to identify and support quality hubs. However, if indeed it raises the rankings on Google or if it will in future ensure greater publicity on HubPages or elsewhere, then this will be very welcome.

I've never liked the idea of my web pages being judged by a computer or an algorithm (never really understood those!) so if greater human input is involved in the Editor's Choice, then that can only be a good thing, and a more meaningful recognition of a hub's worth.

CarolynEmerickposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

working