jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Regarding moving articles from a different site to HubPages

1. TeriSilver profile image98
    TeriSilverposted 4 years ago

Regarding moving articles from a different site to HubPages

Hello, all....
    I am wondering if I can use previously published (but somewhat tweaked) stuff on HubPages. The situation is that I have a number of articles on Suite101 that I've been trying to get back for months.  Suite changed everything and whatever their newest direction is (that keeps changing in itself), I don't feel it's the place to house my work. (I put a lot of time and effort into each piece I write and they've mangled them ... good thing I always write on separate pages!).  So, once I can get stuff "unpublished" there, can I use it here? I hope so, I like HubPages! Good stuff.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

The best solution would be to copy it to your MS Word (or other word processor) and go back to Suite101 and delete everything, including the URL, etc. Anything to avoid copyright problems. Then when you are sure that everything is clear - start a new Hub and copy/paste it to the Hub.

3. Writer Fox profile image56
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

Once the article has been taken down, have the cache removed from Google search on this form:

https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 14905?rd=2
    (Click inside the circle which says 'Web Search', then scroll down the page and click inside the circle which says 'A piece of content I am concerned about has already been removed by the webmaster but still appears among the search results.' Then, click on the link 'this tool.' You'll then be asked to sign in and then to enter the page URL and, if the page is still live, a word from the outdated cache page that you want to remove.

To remove the cache from Bing/Yahoo:
    http://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/bing … l-cb6c294d

It can take 24 – 48 hours for the removal process. When the cache has been removed from Google and Bing, wait a week and then publish it on HubPages. At that point, if HP gives you a 'duplicate content' notice, just send them an email explaining where it was previously published, the date you removed it and the date you removed the cache.  They should approve it then without any problems.

1. TeriSilver profile image98
      TeriSilverposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, folks .... this is good.  It will take awhile before I can do it all because I cannot get Suite to answer any of my queries; it's been months but supposedly they are ready to launch their new stuff so maybe I can get my pieces back.

working