jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone else get tired of Broken links?

1. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 4 years ago

Does anyone else get tired of Broken links?

2. profile image95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

How are you getting broken links appearing in your hubs? The only time I have ever seen one is when I am writing a hub and it is linked to another hub that I am writing at the same time that is not yet published.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years ago

OMGosh !!!! Yes -- I get really tired of the "broken link" warning. Every time I get that, I go into that hub and delete ALL  links that may be in there. Also, with new hubs I no longer add any links.l

1. profile image95
      Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Are these external links that are broken? I only ever link to my own hubs, so I guess that is why I never get any smile

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
      Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Robbie, these are internal links to other hubs. True, if you link to your own hubs, you will not get a broken link, unless you delete the hub you linked to.

4. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Well, when I see that ! ... I certainly get on it right away and remove such broken links.  I do not get many to actually get tired of the broken links.  However, I am disappointed when it happens to be a specific video that is just perfect for a particular hub and then I can no longer use it.  However, sometimes that is not the case, and one just has to go back and re-enter it.  I know when I have linked other hubbers' related hubs to a topic I am writing about and that particular hubber happens to no longer write for HP, then I am glad to know of the broken link so that I may remove it.  I try to catch these as soon as the pop in when I get the notification.

working