jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are recipe hubs expected to be 700-1200 words?

1. rainsanmartin profile image90
    rainsanmartinposted 4 years ago

Are recipe hubs expected to be 700-1200 words?

This seems excessive for a recipe hub yet my recipe template appears to have this as a goal. It seems odd that the word count should be the same as an article Hub. In other words, would my Hub score be compromised for writing a 300-500 word  recipe Hub?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I've never written a recipe hub, but I do know they give what seems like a large word count for something which probably doesn't need that many. If you don't hit the word count, you probably get a lower score. Here's a suggestion to get at least closer to the goal and also to make your recipe hubs more unique. Instead of just writing the recipe, add a section about what wine or other drink goes best with the dish. You can also add something about other courses that go with the one you're writing about (what veggies go best with the meat entree) or ways to present it to make it more appealing.

3. Heather Says profile image96
    Heather Saysposted 4 years ago

I usually make my recipe hubs 700 words or more.  It can be hard sometimes to write "that much" but after awhile it becomes natural.  In my recipe hubs, I try to add a little extra info such as: when I first made this dish or how long I've been making it, why it's special to me or my family, how I like to eat it myself (maybe with sour cream, etc).  I also include tips that are helpful for someone making that particular dish-- I mention best practices or tricks and/or things to avoid.  Having said that, just about every recipe Hub of mine is editor's choice, many have become HotD, and my traffic is terrific.  As far as hub scores, my recipe hubs all score in the high 90s-100 mark.  I couldn't speak to your hubscore being compromised but I feel like shooting for 700 words or more will only bring benefits.

4. profile image0
    techhubmasterposted 4 years ago

I have never written a recipe hub. However, I believe that if you don`t write at least 700 words your hubscore will be lower. I am not entirely sure though. Just try to add as much relevant content as you can!

5. Akhila Suri profile image65
    Akhila Suriposted 4 years ago

I can't believe I am seeing this question right when I was about to submit my FIRST Hub here! Thank you so much Heather Says! As rainsanmartin said, even I felt a 300 word Hub should be fine for a Recipe.

But after reading your response, I thought about it again and added a few tidbits. Now, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it will be published soon and maybe even become an Editor's Choice? wink

I know I know, that is expecting too much for my first Hub, but hey, miracles do happen right! big_smile

working