jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you write a Hub in the first person?

1. rainsanmartin profile image94
    rainsanmartinposted 4 years ago

Can you write a Hub in the first person?

Example sentences: "This is my favorite technique". "I use this method for optimum results".  It seems writing in the first person would also steer content thieves away, as the point of view is personal.

2. innerspin profile image91
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

As long as you take care not to write "I" or "me/my" too much, it's fine. Sadly, writing in first person in no way deters content thieves. It's especially annoying to have your own opinion or experiences "claimed" by someone else! Personal photographs are copied too, so be careful what you use.

3. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 4 years ago

Sure you can - sometimes hubs are more personal to you and what you've experienced - it does not deter the reader from the content -as long as your message is expressed then go for it.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I do it quite a bit, usually when I'm giving my opinion. I also use it when giving examples from my personal experiences. Writing in the first person, I believe, gives the hub a more personal touch and let's people know you have some experience with your main topic.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Of course you can. As a video game reviewer I do this all the time, but it's important not to make it seem like opinion so much, but base it more around facts. Video game guides are a good example of little opinion but all fact, though some will say "but I find this way was much better" or "I chose this option to get the alternative ending". I've also published a lot of fictional hubs which are in first person, so there's nothing wrong with it.

6. wqaindia profile image81
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

Yes, why not. URL's which start with My for example MyCloudLinks, MyAutobiography. Moreover reviews at expertreviewchannel by the first person get the best favors by top search engines. If one is to write the hub on the basis of his or her long time tested experience then use of "I", "MY" and "Me" is the most wanted word to be used. smile

working