jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How would you get your hubs to rank number 1 on Google?

1. Nimesh De Silva profile image76
    Nimesh De Silvaposted 4 years ago

How would you get your hubs to rank number 1 on Google?

Traffic is everything on HubPages and I had one hub that ranked 1 on Google (it sways between number one and two) and it drove a pretty decent traffic for the hub per day. But I'm not really certain what I did right with that hub and what not with other hubs. Because some og my hubs are nowhere in second, third result pages as well.

So have you had experience with getting hubs to rank number one on a search engine? Is there anything specific you did to get it up there?

Any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks

2. josters profile image82
    jostersposted 4 years ago

There are many ways to do this. First, you should have your page indexed by Google (via Google Webmaster Tools), so that Google "knows" you're out there. Then you should have your keywords right so that Google knows what your site is about. The title is of great importance here, you want it to say exactly what people would type into Google (because when people type exactly your title, why shouldn't it appear, right?). Wrong. It happens way to often that your concurrency is way to big and many other higher ranked sites already have that title you thought was so unique. The biggest thing you can do about that is to write about unique niche content. Fewer people will search for it, eventually, but if you've got a media rich Hub with up to 1,500 words, you should most likely be on page one.

1. Nimesh De Silva profile image76
      Nimesh De Silvaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Page one isn't my target.. it should be rank one!!!

2. vishnum969 profile image82
      vishnum969posted 4 years agoin reply to this

How can I check with Google web master tools

working