jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How long does it take you to finish a Hub?

1. josters profile image80
    jostersposted 4 years ago

How long does it take you to finish a Hub?

From start to finish, does it take you minutes, hours, days or weeks? I know that it depends from Hub to Hub, but just tell the average amount of time you have to invest in order to create high quality content.

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

i could draft out an article in a day but it will take me a month to publish the hub because I don't have the time to type it out since I am always busy with household chores and kids. So publishing a hub may take me a month of more to do so.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

If I sit down and work on a hub without interruption, it takes about two hours.

4. dorothy0328 profile image76
    dorothy0328posted 4 years ago

For me whenever I write a hub I make sure that I have time to actually sit and finish it. Most generally I do recipes so they don't take very long to actually write. I add pics to most of the and proofread for typo's etc..Normally for a recipe this takes anywhere from 30- 45 minutes now when writing something with a lot of detail depending on the subject it will more then likely take a bit longer.

5. electronician profile image83
    electronicianposted 4 years ago

Most of my hubs take me about 3 to 4 hours, at least for the bulk of the writing. But sometimes I sketch an outline and fill in the odd bit here and there over the course of a few weeks before that.

6. Bishop55 profile image94
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

Depends on the topic.  Some of my generic hubs I can finish in 2 hours.  Others take months, and I have a whole list I've been working on but just haven't seemed to be able to complete or publish those yet.

7. josters profile image80
    jostersposted 4 years ago

Thank you very much for your interesting and honest answers.

8. profile image96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Hi Josters,
                    Like many people, my life is very full. The process of writing and publishing a hub in terms of time take between six hours for a hub where I don't have to do much research to as much as twenty hours for a more complicated one. I tend to research it and write it up in Word on the first day and then publish it either the next day in the evening or when I get some time. I like to split it over at least two days as I then approach it fresh when I publish it.