jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How has HubPages changed since the time you starting writing for the site?

1. sweetzara profile image80
    sweetzaraposted 4 years ago

How has HubPages changed since the time you starting writing for the site?

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image35
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

I started writing for HP since March 2012.  During the last 21 months I have noticed several changes in the lay out, edit mode, etc.  All these changes were so fine and meant for helping and to increase the style and visibility.

3. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

I started at pretty much the same time as sunilkunnoth2012. The majority of changes to HubPages have been a good idea:

- Removing tags
    - Adding templates
    - Adding Style Tips
    New Goals
    Editors Choice

The only changes I really don't like are:

- The removal of 1/4 sized photos
    - The removal of poll results
    - Death of the stats graph (although I understand why)

Overall, I am very very happy with the changes that have happened. Those I don't like are small and probably not that significant. They have improved the standard of hubs and to the benefit of us all. I look forward to being here for a long time to come.

4. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

While there have been a bunch of cosmetic changes.  I think that the most shocking change is the amount of people on here.  And it's the amount of these weird people that are actually bringing this place down.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I've only been here for about six months so I haven't seen any of the sweeping changes that I hear occurred before I signed up. The two main changes I've seen are the display for our various bits of account information and the tougher scoring for hubs. I like and appreciate both. The first makes it so much easier to find what I'm looking for when checking my stats and so on. HP making it tougher to get a higher score has helped me become a better writer and I've learned there is a great importance in choosing videos and graphics which are more topic specific.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

i like the templates.. very helpful when i publish a hub. However, the picture size cannot be chosen. Previously, I can choose large, medium small. Now the size is fixed. Previously, all my hubs are featured but now only the recipes are featured while the others are not.