jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever written a hub and decided not to publish it?

1. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

Have you ever written a hub and decided not to publish it?

The hub is written, you've gathered the pictures and appropriate links, but something is just off about it. Have you ever decided not to publish a finished (or near finished) article? If so, why?

2. profile image95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have written a few hubs that I just don't feel are good enough to get any traffic. I will publish them, I will just redo them and do some SEO work on them before publishing.

Particularly when I was new, I wasn't too clued up about how it all worked so many of my initial hubs didn't do so well, so that made me hesitant to publish some of the ones I felt were weaker. Plus some of the subjects I initially picked to write on don't get much traffic.

I think that as long as the quality is there you should publish and it is my goal for the remainder of the year to publish everything I have written. The reason for this, is that I have made the effort to write them and research them. Also, I have no idea what is going to prove popular. My two most popular hubs took me completely by surprise, I almost didn't write my most popular one as I just didn't think anyone would read it (how wrong was I)

3. NornsMercy profile image61
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I actually just deleted three of these! I thought they were pretty boring and I didn't have good pictures for them. smile

4. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 4 years ago

I write hubs for myself.  I write about things I want to write about.  If other people enjoy them, that's a plus.  I know this sounds self-centered, but it is what it is.  It doesn't matter who reads them, though I like it when they do and comments are always appreciated.

So no, I haven't deleted any of my hubs.  They all get published.

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

Yes, two of them, although I had not completed them, but had done them halfway. Somehow I could not find them good enough to engage readers. That's why I deleted them.

6. sadstill22 profile image60
    sadstill22posted 3 years ago

i wrote 5 of them but did not finish them coz out of idea and lazy

working