jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

backlinks?

1. jdaviswrites profile image91
    jdaviswritesposted 7 years ago

real quick, can someone explain what a backlink is? I keep hearing this but not sure what it is, why its helpful...thanks

1. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 7 years agoin reply to this
  2. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

a backlink is like a hyperlink that is linked to another document. if you impart a backlink to someone you impart a better page rank to them also.hopeful they reciprocate. I think it should be caleed (forward) link IMO opinion bcuz you send the reder forward to another page literally forwarding them there

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

sorry for the typos... if someone puts anchor text link in their article linking to yours they have forwarded you there but have also given a vote of confidence, so to speak, to your page giving it a better pagerank nexttime its searched on a search engine. Ithink they call it backlink because everyones always trying to links back to their site by networking with other web site owners asking for mutual recirocation

4. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

get links back i mean..its late i cant type anymore

5. sunforged profile image78
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

keep in mind PAgeRank is a a term only associated with google, which is your main benefactor, but when reading tips about traffic, backlinks etc, dont forget that diff rules apply for each search engine otherwise the info can be confusing

1. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Definitely ,and with Bing now advocating the rel=nofollow attribute for links, sometimes search rankings are not as affected by the number of links anymore. Good though there, glad ya brought that up!

6. jdaviswrites profile image91
    jdaviswritesposted 7 years ago

alright guys. that helps a lot...thanks

7. kcnck profile image59
    kcnckposted 7 years ago

Back link in plain english is that your web site or hub page url(address you put in browser like yahoo.com) is present on other website or hub page. People do back linking by creating more websites and putting the url there, putting your website url in comments on other persons website or blog.

It is better to put url in a website or blog related to your topic. Any doubt, then contact me.

working