jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

If I have all of my hubs featured, and I'm in the Ebay/Adsense, why have I not m

1. Junegirl58 profile image71
    Junegirl58posted 4 years ago

If I have all of my hubs featured, and I'm in the Ebay/Adsense, why have I not made more money?

Over the course of two years I now have 10 of my hubs featured all at once.  However, I've only made .45cents.  Am I missing something here and is it worth it to stay on HP??  I've had lots of traffic compared to comments.  It bothers me that I've put my info into HP to make money and have written some good stuff I guess, since it's featured.  I understand the concept of HP but can't decide if my taking the time away from other things to write ( which I love to do), is going to work for me..    Has anyone on HP made decent money here??

2. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

I am in the same boat as you are.  All of my hubs are featured and I have more than 5 editor's choice, but I am not making much either.  We are both at good starts, but I believe that it would take a great amount of views daily for any real money to be made.  I have taken a break from Hubpages, and am now going to try to promote and participate to get more readers.

3. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Junegirl58, it is easy to get discouraged after 2 years of little earnings. I took a quick look at your hubs and although the info is good, most of them are short (recipes and poems) which doesn't require a lot of word count. My understanding is that Google likes lots of text, i.e., longer articles that are informative, broken up with images and subtitles. A few of your longer hubs had a lot of straight text and paragraphs without subheadings and images.
    The other issue is the small number of hubs. You need a lot more hubs to get earnings to increase over time.
    You shouldn't quit yet. You have some good stuff. You just need to rework what you have (formatting, images) and double the number of hubs you have over the next few months. Good luck, be patient, hope to see you around in 2014.

1. Junegirl58 profile image71
      Junegirl58posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I guess you convinced me, thanks so much for your feedback I really do appreciate it.  As long I get the time and inspiration, I'll be sure to research and get more info on things i want to talk about.    Thanks again!

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

making money at HP is kind of slow now. I had to use other revenue making websites to recommend HP to bring in some views. Right now I am using Bubblews to recommend HP. Useful you know. Ebay... i make 80cents for 4 years. Pitiful earnings. I don't know why the earning is so low either

working