jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Have you seen the same Question posted and reposted by..

1. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Have you seen the same Question posted and reposted by..

the same person -with only slight variances to the phrasing of the question? I don't care if they do, but I find it amusing -if somewhat obsessive- when I see this kind of online behavior. When I have seen this happen the person asking the Question typically provides angry rhetoric in the Additional Details that makes it clear they already have formed a definite opinion on the subject. Why do some people feel a need to do this?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years ago

Insecurity, I guess, Beth. To me it seems like a way to get attention constantly. Also, a person who "typically provides angry rhetoric in the Additional Details that makes it clear they already have formed a definite opinion on the subject" seems to feel the need to argue all the time because of repressed anger.

1. bethperry profile image92
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Phyllis, that sounds very plausible. Thank you!

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
      Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

ah! Thanks, Beth. Sometimes I surprise myself.  smile

3. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

Uncertainty. Insecurity. They may have forgotten that they already asked it the first time and do not check to see if it was asked before.

4. William15 profile image90
    William15posted 4 years ago

It sounds like someone heard that views on your questions count towards your hubpage totals and is trying to get traffic that way instead of producing quality content.

working