jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why would a Hub that is my most successful suddenly get "this site has a bad rep

1. Ky Cardinal profile image78
    Ky Cardinalposted 4 years ago

Why would a Hub that is my most successful suddenly get "this site has a bad reputation," tag on it?

This hub has been up for a long time and has had more hits than any of my other hubs.  I was reading the forum about peoples' hubs being copied, so I looked this one up just to see if it would show up.  I was surprised to see that it had a bad reputation.  I don't even know what that means when posted on the net.  Does anyone know what that could mean?

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

Efficient Admin brought this up a few weeks ago. Where did you see it? Is it for all of your hubs? I checked Moxilla, IE explorer, and Google Chrome and could not find it. No idea what it means and how it affects traffic, so sorry I cannot answer that question for you.

1. Ky Cardinal profile image78
      Ky Cardinalposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I saw it on Yahoo search.  Went to Bing, but it wasn't  by the articles.  I tried to research who was responsible for even putting these notations on an article and best I could find was it may have something to do with Avasti.

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
      DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I am going to check mine on Yahoo too. Most of my page views come from Google, and maybe that is why there are not many from Yahoo.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image87
    Everyday Miraclesposted 4 years ago

I see that this has already been answered, but I do actually have an answer to this question for you, and I hope that I can be of some help.

A page can get a "bad reputation" if "bad neighborhood" pages and domains link to it. For example, if a site that is known for malware or viruses is linking out to your page (which is common) in enough volume, you can get a "bad neighborhood" reputation itself.

You have no control over this: The malware sites do.

As far as how you get tagged and labeled this way, it's part of Page Rank as far as I can tell.

working