jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I use Avast anti-virus and it flags Hubpages as a site with a bad reputation!

1. TedWritesStuff profile image83
    TedWritesStuffposted 4 years ago

I use Avast anti-virus and it flags Hubpages as a site with a bad reputation!

Whenever a hub comes up in my search results Avast puts an orange minus next to it and says the site has a bad reputation. Does anyone know why and surely this must be hurting our traffic? Any thoughts?

2. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

Antivirus programs just lag and cause more hassle for you'r computer. Your best bet would be to just stay off bad sites and don't download anything. They will flag a ton of sites that are fine.

1. ilikegames profile image78
      ilikegamesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

While your comment holds true for older antivirus programs like Norton which loved to eat resources. Newer slim programs like Avast have little to no impact on performance and I would never be without one.

3. ilikegames profile image78
    ilikegamesposted 4 years ago

I also use Avast and get the same problem and since Avast is now one of the biggest virus programs around I do believe it seriously hurts HubPages traffic.

What HubPages is flagged for is user reputation. It is not being flagged for Malware or phishing. This is solely a user voting issue.

Basically many people that have stumbled onto HubPages that use Avast have rated the website bad (poor content, too many ads, ugly, or for whatever other reason). The only way to reverse this is for Hub users to all vote positively for HubPages if they use Avast.

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Click the "learn more" tab. Mine says it has a bad reputation because Analytics is allowed, which we already know since pretty much everyone uses it on their own hubs. Other than that, mine says it has an average community rating, with no malware or phishing detected. I also wonder how it works now that individual hubber accounts are on their own sub-domains.