This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Question about featured hubs

1. merej99 profile image85
    merej99posted 4 years ago

Question about featured hubs

So I've been working on my evergreen hubs and shooting for the featured hubs status but I also notice the traffic goes up & down.  Once it's a featured hub will it ever lose that status?

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Yes, it can. I have a few that go back and forth between "featured" and "not featured for engagement." Then there are a couple that aren't featured for quality that I have updated, they go to "featured" for a while, and then return to not featured for quality. I'm not really sure what makes the decision for each "not featured" designation, but designations are definitely dynamic. Traffic does seem to be able to drop for quite a while before it changes for lack of engagement.

1. merej99 profile image85
      merej99posted 4 years agoin reply to this

thank you wychic!  That was helpful. smile

3. Writer Fox profile image55
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

If a Hub doesn't get traffic from Google, it will eventually become unfeatured.  Before Simon left HubPages' employment, she posted on the Forum that a Hub only needs a few visits sent from Google every month to remain featured.  Just a month ago, HP changed the formula to allow Hubs to remain featured if the Hubber's Hubber Score was high (but the announcement didn't specify an exact number for the Hubber Score).

If a Hub goes unfeatured, you can update it and try again.

working