I'm new to Hubpages...what are some great tips to getting started?
It is all about good, quality, and relevant content. Share great content and you will get love back is the best advice I can give.
Also, welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy the time here!
Hi and welcome,
Further to what John stated, write about what interests you and what you love. This passion will shine through and the people will come.
Just start writing and have fun. Find yourself a niche (although this can seem hard at first) and concentrate on it. It took me six months to get going here, read a lot from the Learning Centre and from other Hubbers and you will be good.
I have a few tips for you, if you please.
- Read other hubs. Get a feel for what works well in terms of layout and what doesn't work well. No matter how good your content is, people don't want to read walls of long text.
- Keep your paragraphs relatively short and use no more than four paragraphs under each sub-heading. This is a style tip you could pick up from doing the recommended research implied above, but I'll tell you: This will help to keep people on your page like nothing else.
- Publish on a schedule. I publish almost every day (I missed yesterday, but that's rare) from one of my satellite accounts, >30 hubs a month. This will help you to build up a portfolio, but also help your followers to know that they can trust you to continue posting quality content.
- Use legal images. Flickr is an excellent source of Creative Commons images. Google images is /not/. Attribute them properly for best results from search engines and your users.
- Follow the stellar hub guidelines and give users an opportunity to interact by using polls. This will also help to keep users on the page for longer. Users who stay for longer are more likely to click on your ads.
- Be careful about over-promoting your own work. Sure, post it to your Facebook fans, Stumble it, tweet it. But be careful about overdoing your promotion or you'll get a reputation as a spammer. Organic backlinks do the best!
Good luck on Hubpages and welcome to the family!
Welcome! I'm also very new at only a week old now (nearly). I suggest taking the time to read a lot about the rules and listening to other successful people here.
I think you also need to just get your "hands dirty" and publish a Hub or two to get the real experience and learn much quicker. After that point it's all about being active in the community and writing high quality content that uses humour, facts or tackles an issue from a different angle (not all in the one article just some ideas to differentiate your stuff from other people).
Hello and welcome to HubPages ahealthydiabetic! This really is the best group of writers online and the HubPages community is second to none. I would be happy to share a couple useful links with you to help get you started.
First, be sure to check out the HubPages FAQ's (frequently asked questions) http://hubpages.com/faq/ and I suggest that you bookmark the Learning Center page because it goes into great detail about all things HubPages: http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/ You can also check out the Help Forums where you can post questions and get answers: http://hubpages.com/forum/
Last but not least, I have been a member of HubPages for over 4 years now and I used to act as a "HubGreeter" when that program was in existence. You can always feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Also, feel free to check out these Hubs on how to get started on HP:
http://jsmatthew.hubpages.com/hub/So-Yo … h-HubPages
http://jsmatthew.hubpages.com/hub/How-D … g-Programs
http://jsmatthew.hubpages.com/hub/New-H … Start-Here
I hope this helps! Enjoy the HubPages experience!
by Pandoras Box6 years ago
"Regardless of the changes Google makes, we will continue to strive to create the most rewarding place to publish online and continue to innovate for our fantastic community," Edmondson said in a statement,...
by alternativeto3 years ago
Hey guys, i think HubPages is losing it's rank on Google, i have multiple accounts here and all are experiencing decreased traffic by 50% !!! . Anyone experiencing similar problems? Or did Google introduce any new...
by Steve Andrews5 years ago
When it was first introduced I was annoyed by it but made an effort to tweak my hubs to get them out of Idle status. Now, a whole load have got zzs against them again and many of them are hubs that at one point were...
by Sandra M. Urquhart2 years ago
What is the best way to get traffic on hubpages? Is it by the quality of your hubs or the frequency of your communication in the community? I've seen different articles that encouraged people to get noticed by being...
by Nicole Canfield6 years ago
Welcome to Hubpages. Do you need any help getting started?
by Shil19787 years ago
HubPages has this wonderful feature called Hub Hopping or Hub Hop to flag low-quality/copied/spam content. I know some hubbers do use this and help HP staff weed out the substandard content. Here's one more reason why...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.