jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe that "money is not everything" because it is absolutely nothing.

1. thishumility profile image75
    thishumilityposted 3 years ago

Do you believe that "money is not everything" because it is absolutely nothing.

I mean that in a materialistic society money is everything, it is equivalent to your life and existence but I am talking of the exact opposite because it is making this life difficult and represents ownership and possession or it directly makes all of us selfish. Now can we make a difference? That is by having the understanding if not the wisdom to perceive that because of money there is poverty so that our life will become the so called survival of the fittest and the poor are the losers, victims, or maybe a matter of their choice which is also their discretion.

2. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

I look at it this way, if all the money in the world suddenly disappeared, our lives would still continue.  So in that sense, you are right, money is nothing.  All the best things in life are free like family, love, and happiness.  Many people feel like they can't be happy without having money, and this is sad.  When I come home and my kids run up and hug me, it doesn't cost a penny.

3. lisavanvorst profile image77
    lisavanvorstposted 3 years ago

Money is not everything, but it does help us to live. If you are financially stable it is one less stress factor to deal with. Yes we have our family and friends. I used to say health as well, but without money or health insurance that too can decline causing more stress.

4. kerlund74 profile image80
    kerlund74posted 3 years ago

I think that we might believe that money will make us happy. If we don't have much money. Humans tend to belive that what they don't have is the kwy to happines. When we get what we want it turns out that is not the case. I agree that the best things are for free. My children and the love we share is the best in my life. Of course money is needed to get food and so on but it is not the thing that build happiness. Happiness comes from inside and shows through love, caring and laughter!

5. misslong123 profile image86
    misslong123posted 3 years ago

I think money often distracts us from what is important in life - love. Greed, envy, wanting to keep up with the jones' make so many people unhappy because they set unrealistic expectations for themselves. I would sacrifice money for love and happiness.

1. thishumility profile image75
      thishumilityposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is true there are so many things other than money can offer but as far as I am concerned only a few people are aware that when mankind stops thinking about ,money then it will be a different world where it will be more on love, sharing, etc

working