Why do people insist on putting this spam on our questions forum and why can't H

1. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

Why do people insist on putting this spam on our questions forum and why can't Hubpages stop this?

There are currently 19 questions with the same keyword under the 'latest' questions section.  I have reported these as spam, and Hubpages normally removes them quickly.  My question is why do people continue to do this, and why doesn't Hubpages simply require a user to put in a little more work before posting questions?  I understand Hubpages doesn't want to turn away new users by making it difficult to become part of the conversation, but new users are also turned away by this spam.

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image87
    RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years ago

I am also irritated by these guys. I have reported them in the past, but see their accounts are still active even after posts are removed. It is not always a timely removal. One day it was over 6 hours later. Hubpages does half the job in removing the post, but leaving their accounts open. I stopped reporting them and turn my attention somewhere else so I am not so annoyed by them.

As long as these spammers continue to get a rise out of hubbers, they will continue to do it. I figure the more we post to complain or remark about them, the more satisfaction they are getting from doing it. But sometimes I get so ticked, it just can't be helped. I understand your frustration completely, mgeorge1050

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Spam bots have an uncanny ability to find workarounds for sign up restrictions. HubPages could make a new defensive precaution and a day later, the bots have found away around it. It's a constant struggle. They will delete these posts, but in some cases (especially the weekends) it takes them a little longer. Flagging them is very helpful, but nothing will ever stop them for good.

working