jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

"Editor's Choice" hubs

1. sehrm profile image79
    sehrmposted 4 years ago

"Editor's Choice" hubs

I'm curious: I have two editor's choice hubs, but have not seen a marked traffic improvement to either of them (since they were deemed editor's choice). I did a little bit of research when I got the first one to find out what that really meant, and found that the hub gets put into the sites main domain instead of my own subdomain -- is that right? Has anyone here noticed an improvement in traffic / adsense / whatever due to this migration?

2. mariexotoni profile image94
    mariexotoniposted 4 years ago

No improvement really. One of my "Editor's Choice" hubs has a below average score for me.. mostly gets no views.

1. sehrm profile image79
      sehrmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You would think this feature would be ironed out... Thanks mariexotoni

2. mariexotoni profile image94
      mariexotoniposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My other Editor's Choice has a score of 100-kinda weird. But it's a new feature- I'm sure the kinks still have to be worked out.

We used to have a title changer tool- but they eventually found that this tool didn't help. Then they removed it!

3. JessBraz profile image96
    JessBrazposted 4 years ago

I've got 7 EC's. I've noticed a wee increase in my traffic, but I think it's mostly because I've been a lot more active on HP the past couple of weeks and posting more hubs than I normally do.

If you're getting EC nods, it definitely means you're doing something right. If you want to increase traffic/earnings/readership, take a look at the hubs that were picked as EC and examine what you did differently in those hubs vs. one's that weren't picked. It might help you in writing future hubs. The more hubs you write, the bigger your sub domain will be, eventually, the higher your chances are are being ranked higher by Google.

Heads up, as well. If you get any hubs that are chosen as EC's: Because they now live under the HP Domain and not your personal domain, if you've already linked your HP account to Google+ (claimed authorship- so when someone finds your Hub listing on Google, your photo show's up beside it) just note that EC Hubs won't show your photo in Google Search Results. You'll have to manually claim authorship of EC Hubs... It's a small step, but claiming authorship with Google+ is just one more rung on the ladder in climbing to the top of Google!

All the info about claiming authorship of your hubs (both EC and not) can be found in the Learning Centre here:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/a-Hu … oogle-Plus

Best of luck to you, and congrats on your Editor's Choice awards! Keep up the great work!

4. Sushma Webber profile image86
    Sushma Webberposted 4 years ago

Am not sure if there has to be any change in traffic, however, if a hub is editor's choice at least you can tell it is a good quality hub. I have more than ten Editor Choice hubs. I guess traffic will improve only when you promote your hubs by linking to them in other sites and if you had people Like it on Facebook or Pinterest.