jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What is a Grouping Feature? How to use it, while writing a hub? Please explain.

1. Rafiq23 profile image87
    Rafiq23posted 3 years ago

What is a Grouping Feature? How to use it, while writing a hub? Please explain.

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Groups are used to tie all of your hubs on a particular topic together. With a quick glance at your profile, I thought of at least three groups - writing, literature, and relationships.

Under the "hub" tab in your account, click on "groups". Once there, click on "add new group". Create a name for your group. Repeat that step to create as many groups as you need for your various topics. Once you've created the groups, scroll down the screen until you find the titles of your hubs. Now simply click and drag the title to place it under the appropriate group.

The next time you view one of your published hubs, you'll see a "previous" and "next" button under the hub. If the person has just read one of your hubs about relationships, they can click either of those buttons to navigate through all of your hubs about relationships without having to go back to your profile and search the main hub list.

I'm not sure if there's a limit on how many groups you can have, but I have eight or ten.

3. Rafiq23 profile image87
    Rafiq23posted 3 years ago

Thanks sheilamyers for such a detailed answer. I have also observed that when I add links to my hubs in a hub, I receive a pop up message that I have too many links, which is against the style of HuPages. It says use Group Feature to add links your hubs. Can you explain how to use this feature adding links to my hubs?

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

When you make the groups, the "previous" and "next" buttons are the links to two of your hubs. HP prefers that method instead of listing a bunch of links to your hubs within the body of a hub.

2. Rafiq23 profile image87
      Rafiq23posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks sheilamyers for the answer. Now I have come to know how to use Grouping Feature.

3. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Closed to reply

working