jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Stopping an anonymous attacker?

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Stopping an anonymous attacker?

An anonymous name keeps leaving horrible posts on my hubs and I cant even keep up with them to delete them all. Is there something I can do to report someone who is commenting but has no account here and is hiding behind a fake name?

2. LCDWriter profile image96
    LCDWriterposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8947797_f260.jpg

Go to My Account/ Hubs/ Comments/ Global Comment Capsule Settings  and change it to all comments needing to be approved before they are visible.  Then you can just delete at your leisure but not worry about someone leaving bad stuff on your hubs.

If they see that there comments aren't showing up, they will likely go bother someone else who doesn't have moderated comments.  There's no fun in it for them if it is not visible.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very good advice. I've noticed they'll keep spamming people until their comments don't get posted right away.

3. brutishspoon profile image67
    brutishspoonposted 3 years ago

Anyone had comments from a guest calling themselves WTF? If so post details here and I you can help find out who they are so that we can stop them let kathleen know.

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
      Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thank you all

4. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 3 years ago

Hi Kathleen, Don’t waste your time and writing skills on addressing a comment.  Negative comments are not worth your talent or acknowledgement.  LCDWriter has provided great feedback.  And the Hubpages provides a great outlet in which their writers can delete offensive or meaningless comments. Keep up the inspiring work!

working