jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Google Page Ranking Totally Automatic?

1. eugbug profile image98
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

Is Google Page Ranking Totally Automatic?

Is page ranking entirely due to what sites a page is interlinked to, keyword content, title etc, or do Google staff actually look at pages every so often and say "Hmmm, I think this page is good and should be pushed up to the top of the list" ?

2. chriscamaro profile image96
    chriscamaroposted 3 years ago

PR is basically a metric that tells you how much traffic to expect based on how many incoming links you have to a given URL.  There's a matrix that defines how many backlinks you need of a particular PR if you want to achieve a certain PR yourself.  For example, if you want PR7 status, you need 555 PR5 backlinks.  This gives an idea of the relative weight of different pagerank values.  As you can see, this rating system can be totally automated and doesn't require a human to intervene.

3. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

Humbly it depends on belief systems. I think at times it is cosmically connected. There are administering 'angels' in charge of it all. Other times I think it is a cosmic consciousness. The end result is knowledge and experience of SEO and at what level and fortitude that is practiced.

4. Ariana Zahn Blog profile image74
    Ariana Zahn Blogposted 3 years ago

PageRank is an algorithm used by Google Search to rank websites in their search engine results.PageRank works by counting the number and quality of links to a page to determine a rough estimate of how important the website is. The underlying assumption is that more important websites are likely to receive more links from other websites.