jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

"All Topics Featured Hubs" section.... how do they choose the hubs?

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image95
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

"All Topics Featured Hubs" section.... how do they choose the hubs?

When you click on hubs, you go to All Topics Featured Hubs. how are those selected?

2. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

It looks like a combination of algorithm and staff picks. I've studied the list and determined it has to do with traffic surges (HP or organic), if it's newly published, QAP score, and the rate at which all hubs in sub-topic categories are published and compared to each other, i.e., the competition factor. I think that's why they bounce around so erratically from one position to another. For example, say today I do a hub about apples with 3 images, a chart on how to use different types, and 2 ad capsules. And tomorrow you do a hub about apples with 10 images, a chart, a poll, a video, and 4 ad capsules. When our hubs are on the featured list, yours will likely be ahead of mine on the All Topics list, as well as the sub-topic list about fruit.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

It probably has to do with importance of subject, quality of content, Hub Scores, date(s) published, etc.

4. bravewarrior profile image91
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

I have no idea, but I see duplications on the pages. I see the same article showing up more than once in certain instances.

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image95
      Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Me too, often articles with no engagement. Its odd. Other articles have tons of engagement. Seems like they get picked out of a hat!

2. bravewarrior profile image91
      bravewarriorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That must be the scientific method they use! :-) You're right. Some article have no or very few comments.

working