This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What happened to hubber JThomp42? He has not been active for awhile Is he alrigh

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What happened to hubber JThomp42? He has not been active for awhile Is he alright?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9012515_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

I was wondering the same. I was gone for a couple months. When I got back he wasn't here. While me and him agreed on almost nothing, I enjoyed having him in the Q and A section.

3. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

Wasn't there a point where he was accusing people of basically being child abusers if they didn't teach their kids about god?

Oh, wait, I found it. Jthomp42: "...remember your children's blood is on your hands. Anyone that leads a sweet, innocent child away from God will pay accor..." http://jthomp42.hubpages.com/question/2 … -christian

It all started with a question from ChristinS I think. Something about a kid being preached to by another kid. Can't find her original question. At any rate, I was fine with Jthomp42 until then. Like peeples, I usually disagreed with him, but that's alright. However, after what he said, I think it is a good riddance.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes,I remember that very well.He became very vehement re:such issues.Then he just disappeared out of the blue.Was he banned from the question section and is slowly deciding to leave HubPages for good? Things like that do happen.

2. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well that explains a lot. Before I left he seemed to be spiraling down the religious extremist path. I guess he arrived. If that is the case I'm sure I won't miss him.

3. junkseller profile image86
      junksellerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Until then he was mostly coherent. Perhaps he was having a bad week and realized he blew a gasket and is regrouping. I shouldn't have said good riddance, but his comments were pretty outlandish.

4. gmwilliams profile image86

Well, JT was very passionate about his faith the way I'm passionate about planned parenthood, small,& childfree families. I'm a strong advocate for family planning, small &childfree families as JT is a strong advocate for Christianity.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image93
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

There have been a handful of users (like JThomp42) who have disappeared from HubPages over the years. While I have no idea what the real reason is, I suspects it's one of two. Either they were banned by moderators for negative feedback or they left because the users here were either too mean or just didn't 'get' it. Argumentative people with extreme views don't tend to last long here and those are my best guesses as to why.

Hmmmm, excellent point made!

working