jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

How often do you try to post hubs?

1. profile image57
    sarandersonposted 3 years ago

How often do you try to post hubs?

Hello, I just joined three days ago. I've been trying to write a post a day for now, just to try and get my traffic up. However, I was wondering how often more established pages post? If you don't post for awhile, do you have to build back up? Any comments would be helpful, thanks in advance.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years ago

Well I'd love to publish something every day - but I kinda run out of things to write about.  I also usually think that if I'm forcing myself to write something that it may not be very good material, and so, a waste of my time.

On the other hand, sometimes things I don't think are good do rather well in terms of steady traffic

1. profile image57
      sarandersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! When you run out of inspiration, do you normally just wait until it strikes again, or do you have any strategies to help?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well, a good long walk or bicycle ride tend to help shake something loose in the head sometimes smile

3. blueheron profile image97
    blueheronposted 3 years ago

Turning out a huge volume of really worthwhile articles consistently over a period of time is likely to be difficult for most people. The exceptions would be people who have been writing for years and have quite a lot of material sitting around. Our local writer's club members all have bushel baskets full of stuff they've written over the years--or massive computer files of their writings. There are some people who have written books that lend themselves to putting up piecemeal.

Most writing takes a lot of time. Most likely, the people writing about that beautiful rose actually grew it. Some of my articles (the ones on plumbing come to mind) grew out of years of experience. To write about homemade soap, you have to make a few batches of soap, etc.

There is a limit to how much you can rush this stuff.

4. goodnews11 profile image90
    goodnews11posted 3 years ago

I think of publishing hubs every day. But most of the time I feel lazy to write.

5. chriscamaro profile image96
    chriscamaroposted 3 years ago

Recently, I strategically built up a ton of draft hubs and then released them all on Monday (the best day of the week for traffic), staggered and everything so I could nail every time zone.  All that effort resulted in next to nothing, while elsewhere people are claiming that far less ambitious tactics, like submitting 3 hubs all at once on some random day results in a huge traffic boost.  I think there's a lot of variables involved in traffic and I don't think I've isolated the most important one yet.  Publishing frequency alone isn't the answer as far as I can tell.

6. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

I write maybe 2 hubs every  3 months.

Once you have a base of hubs that get good traffic and money, you can just leave them to earn.

7. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i post once a month cause i am sick and tired of unfeatured hubs