jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Does anyone here use a second profile to write on different subjects?

1. CarolynEmerick profile image92
    CarolynEmerickposted 3 years ago

Does anyone here use a second profile to write on different subjects?

Just wondering if it makes sense to be consistent with subjects and style and use a second profile to change it up and write about other things that would attract followers with different interests...

2. OldRoses profile image95
    OldRosesposted 3 years ago

I'm interested in the answers to this question because I've been considering doing the same thing myself.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

I use a second profile here on HP. You can use the same adsense but you have to use a different email. I like to keep certain subjects seperate. Because I am atheist-ish there are many here who will not even read my writings because they have seen my religious views in forums. So that means I have limited many topics that I would like other HP writers to read. So my other profile never talks religion or politics. It works for me since I have been here for a while, and many HP writers know a good bit about me.

1. CarolynEmerick profile image92
      CarolynEmerickposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I do the same thing on Facebook with different profiles.  I write about history, but also on folklore and mythology which bleeds into paganism. This IS history,  it's just beliefs of the people of the time. Some religious people don't like it...

4. CarolynEmerick profile image92
    CarolynEmerickposted 3 years ago

Part of my reasoning is that I'm trying to establish myself as a writer of certain topics and am developing a following on FB of people interested in my specific topics (history, folklore, mythology). I get a lot of views through social media pages and sharing there, but it's not topics people are especially searching for, so it's a lot of work to keep sharing to garner views. 

But, at the same time, I don't want to just pump out articles on random things to aim my writing toward google keywords and lose respect of my readers.  If I'm going to stray into random "popular" topics, I'm thinking I should do it under a pen-name or something...

5. BeyondGS profile image83
    BeyondGSposted 3 years ago

I personally like many topics, so if I were to make a profile for each kind of hub based on subjects I write, there would be too many to keep up with. I'd like to think whoever reads my hubs enjoy variety too but maybe not. I guess if you can keep up with more than one go for it. For myself, I'm content with one and seeing how it goes.

6. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

I think I have four or five accounts.

However followers are fairly useless. You make money off external traffic, not internal.

working