jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why would a guy release 9 hubs in 29 minutes? All different subjects, each hub h

1. Elenin profile image79
    Eleninposted 6 years ago

Why would a guy release 9 hubs in 29 minutes? All different subjects, each hub has a few paragraphs.

Why would a guy release 9 hubs in 29 minutes? All different subjects, each hub has a few paragraphs, then massive lines of code, pages and pages of it. The author appears to be from the Middle East. Al Qaeda on Hub Pages?? Check out phofimarso
    0 Followers
    9 Hubs
    Joined 29 minutes ago

2. profile image0
    jami l. pereiraposted 6 years ago

Well , i would flag it , i cant seem to get mine published , i  have never thought  my articles were very good but after reading a whole bunch of them from the middle east and india , and most of which are NOT in "good" English , ive decided it must be a conspiracy !

3. Vinaya Ghimire profile image89
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 6 years ago

jami, English is not my first language, and someone on hubpages had once passed a remark that my English is poor. I agree I do not have better language skill but I have burnished the passion for writing in English since 8 years.
    Perhaps the guy in question does not know much about hubpages and he is tempted to publish more because it is very easy.

4. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Cool guys !!! Conspiracy, Al Qaeda !! In Hubpages !!

Common man, guess Paranoid has a new meaning now-a-days !!!

It might be just a stupid act of a spammer  who will be rightly booted out by HP team, whether we flag it or not.

Let us not over react !!!

5. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

if there are massive lines of unreadable or programming code then flag all of the posts, it's probably a computer program generating copied text. Flag them all as spam. mention the 9 hubs in 29 mins in the comment ... the hubpages team might put a 30 mins rule on the hubs ... that you cannot publish more than 1 hub within 30 mins.

Just coz the name is Al Qaeda ... doesn't mean they are from the middle east ... even you could have made a profile like that.

6. fordie profile image74
    fordieposted 6 years ago

9 hubs together is not an issue in itself. Someone could draft them all and then press publish that quickly. It is the other information that makes it clear that this is someone abusing our site. Seems phofimarso has been booted out. Well done for flagging this up. The less spam on HP the better for all serious writers

7. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 6 years ago

I have released several hubs in a short period of time. For the upcoming contest in November, I actually plan to do just that.

A spammer can come from anywhere and have any number of hubs from one to fifty. Just report the person.

On another note, just because someone is from the Middle East, that doesn't make them some sort of terrorist. I have some fantastic friends from the Middle East that care more about freedom and civil rights than most Americans.

8. Elenin profile image79
    Eleninposted 6 years ago

Thank you msivakumar . Spamming. It is a word I have heard often, but never really looked into before. Urban Dictionary has no less than 7 definitions of the term. Wikipedia states “Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.” An after the fact acronym  "SPAM" -  for "Sales Promotion and Marketing" made sense and secured the terms use as descriptive of this behavior. I read other articles including a particularly good one about the history of ‘Comment Spamming’ from Wired.
    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.0 … .html?pg=7
    Still, I just do not get it. How can posting a mass of gibberish translate into sales of any kind?
    And if sales were not the goal, what was the purpose?

working