jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How do some HB users with very few hubs get so many followers?

1. poppyr profile image97
    poppyrposted 3 years ago

How do some HB users with very few hubs get so many followers?

I have 14 followers and have written 19 hubs.  Some users I see with less than 10 hubs, yet lots of followers  (sometimes even over 100).  How do they do this?  It's very cool!

2. profile image0
    Hiba Howardposted 3 years ago

Who knows!?! LOL maybe they follow a kagillion people and get a good number of like-backs?

3. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

Probably because they give good answers to questions. I've had a few people follow me and I rarely ever write hubs. I have 5 hubs and 5 followers. Usually the people that follow me are people that give positive comments on questions I've answered.

4. Melissa Noon profile image78
    Melissa Noonposted 3 years ago

I wonder as well. I just really joined here earlier this week and still trying to learn the wherabouts of the site and find where my hubs fall under. I am really excited that I have three followers given I have less than ten hubs.

5. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 3 years ago

They may be very active in the forums. They may also be getting followers by answering questions or commenting on hubs.

6. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

It takes a while to build followers. You'll probably notice that people with a lot of followers have been here for some time.

Along with what others have said, some people have removed their hubs, though they were once popular. gamergirl for example: 1240 followers, no hubs left; Mentalist Acer: 347 followers, no hubs left, for a couple of examples.

I actually haven't written a hub in about a year (I think), but am usually around here in the questions section providing the most fantastic answers to pretty much everything (a few people might mildly disagree with that self-assessment).

7. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

In my opinion, it's the amount of interaction that can get us more followers. Insightful answers to questions, participating in the forums, visiting and commenting on hubs make people aware of our existence.
    Those who like our comments and answers may get curious enough to visit our profile page and read our hubs. Some may follow us if they really like our work.
    You are right about one thing, the number of hubs really don't matter. Those who start to follow us cannot go through all our hubs, in fact some follow us solely based on comments or answers.
    The other thing is, if someone is following us and commenting on our answers or hubs, it's good to follow them back and comment on their posts as well.

8. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

they read a lot of articles and answer questions even though no articles publish

9. Janani Shankar profile image59
    Janani Shankarposted 3 years ago

They might have few high quality content, always active on hubpages by commenting others hubs, answering question here and in forum.

10. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

I have over 1,000 followers because:

-I used to be very active in the forums
    -I have written a lot of guides to help people write better hubs.

working