jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long does it take for your articles to take off?

1. ChrisGibson profile image88
    ChrisGibsonposted 3 years ago

How long does it take for your articles to take off?

Just curious what the average is for everyone. Sometimes it takes mine a few weeks, sometimes it takes off right away.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years ago

I've nothing at all to prove what I'm going to say with.  I'm just going to say that when I first started doing this writing thing here on Hubpages we were forever told it would take around 6 months for a page to start getting ranked where it should be, low or high, in the search engines.  Well, that seemed to be true then, 4 years ago.  Now?  Oh now I think it takes longer....I think Google looks longer and harder at stuff now to determine where a thing should go into search engine results page results.

3. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 3 years ago

It depends on the type of content. It also depends on what kind of SEO you do, even little things like sharing it on social media can help an article gain traction. I've had articles take a few months, and I also had one that was on the front page of Google in days.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

mine takes a week to a month to get more traffic. Sharemedia is important

5. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

Takeoff time varies. Some of mine get rolling  faster than I thought they would, others have been sitting on the tarmac  for a long time.