jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How many active writers are there on HubPages?

1. Availiasvision profile image82
    Availiasvisionposted 3 years ago

How many active writers are there on HubPages?

I find boatloads of abandoned profiles where the author hasn't logged in for years.  If I made it a goal to meet every writer on HubPages, how many people are out there?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years ago

When I joined three years ago there were supposedly 200,000.  I'd be interested to know the number today.  Hope someone knows!

3. Au fait profile image93
    Au faitposted 3 years ago

On December 7, 2013, the HubPages website published data that showed that the website consisted of 910,106 "Hubs" (magazine-style articles on a specific topic), 73,969 published users, and 2,498,967 forum posts.

Source:  Wikipedia

I've noted that we are no longer told how many people visit this site anymore.  At last count it was 35 million per month.  Has it dropped again and that is why we are no longer told?

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
      Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

HubPages by the Numbers

As of August 7th, 2014, there are

838,593 Published Hubs
      58,707 Published Users
      178,218 Questions
      734,946 Answers
      2,606,303 Forum Posts
      and 15 Staff Members

4. Tusitala Tom profile image60
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

Best Answer Tusitala Tom says
    I guess it's also is a question of 'How often do you need to write a Hub' or pose or answer a question' to be regarded as active. I used to be quite active and write two or three blogs a week at one stage. Now I barely visit this site.

One of the reasons for not doing so, I think, is simply this business of 'if you don't contribute regularly' your rating number - or whatever it is called - goes down. It's as if the 'quality' of one's Hubs supposedly deteriorate if you don't play the Hubpages Game.

If you check me out you'll find I have over 300 Hubs yet my rating has stayed the same now for months. So I suppose one can reach a sort of stalemate simply because of the amount of Hubs placed.

I very much doubt this site has the 200,000 users earlier claimed. I cannot help thinking that because it pays so little by way of dividends moneywise to those who contribute (I've never bothered with the money side) that people become disillusioned and simply drop out.