jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I hear that Squidoo is merging into the Hubpages platform. How does that affects

1. ComfortB profile image87
    ComfortBposted 3 years ago

I hear that Squidoo is merging into the Hubpages platform. How does that affects us here on HP?

2. FeniqueS profile image76
    FeniqueSposted 3 years ago

What is Squidoo?  I did go to the site from a link found here asking; 'What do you think of HubPages acquiring Squidoo?'  Its blogging, not writing like HP is or the platform they use.  The site is colorful, various types of subjects, but didn't see a writers category.  The 'Books' are just suggestion for books more like a review and suggestion of books about different items and situations.

What I took from this is, its a blog site that my X-factor son and teenager grandchildren would use.  Not so much serious or those with a serious style of writing in mind.   Now with this merge are we here suppose to become bloggers and they coming in suppose to become serious styled writers.  Not saying the Squidoo's are not serious just the style of writing is different from HubPages.

In the blog post of Paul Edmondson he wrote; "HubPages is acquiring key content from Squidoo, creating the world’s largest site of its kind." and in the next paragraph; "Squidoo and HubPages have been cousins over the years." There are some that do not get along with their extended family members.  In merging they are trying to build up revenue for the sites, but what key content?  The blog listing types or the rules Squidoo has. I do wish them the best, and hope it doesn't turn out like or with; 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' stamped/written over the merge aftermath.

1. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Squidoo is not a blogging site. It's a content site similar to HubPages. Perhaps it would be helpful to just visit the site, and check it out? Just a thought.

2. ComfortB profile image87
      ComfortBposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm not so sure that its just a blogging site. There may be more to it than just blogging.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

It won't affect me one iota. I'll just keep on doin' what I'm doing.

working