jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

For those who had content on Squidoo, will you be migrating it to HubPages or el

1. Hypersapien2 profile image70
    Hypersapien2posted 3 years ago

For those who had content on Squidoo, will you be migrating it to HubPages or elsewhere?

It sounds like this was an asset sale, with HubPages purchasing Squidoo's content.  I know that lots of people on Squidoo - having tried both platforms - weren't wild about HubPages.  (I guess it's like the good book says - you can't serve two masters, because you'll love one and hat ethe other.)  I was interested in hearing where Squidoo writers might be migrating to - especially if it's a place other than HP.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

I am reading from lensmasters that some are going to try Hub Pages, at least for now. Some are going to other sites like Infobarrel and Wizzley.
    Some are going to let their lenses be moved over to Hub Pages, and then sort out the mess they have, and then maybe move some of them to other places. 
    A big one is that Squidoo has left such a bad taste in the mouths of lensmasters that they are now afraid of this happening again, so their lenses will go to their blogs and websites.

Fortunately for myself, I smelled a rat over a year ago with all of the locked lenses, lenses being deleted that were written by good writers.  The final straw was when the payment minimum was raised.  I had already deleted most of my lenses anyway and was left with only 2.  One I trashed, and the other I simply revamped and published it here. 

I feel for the lensmasters who have a large amount of lenses.  We spent so much time in reworking lenses, fighting the filters that were flagging good lenses, it was pathetic. Now lensmasters have to do it all over again, thanks to Seth Godin who didn't have the decency to let lensmasters know that the current situation may happen.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

I opted in to the migration, but I fear that some of my top rated lenses won't translate well to the HubPages format.

4. CuAllaidh profile image85
    CuAllaidhposted 3 years ago

I have been a squidoo user for a few years now and enjoyed my time there. That being said, I am looking forward to the transition to HubPages. Squidoo's payments have dropped over time and its become harder to make any money over there. Even my Tier 1 lens was barely making any money lately. I am hoping HubPages changes that, and from the traffic I have gotten on the one article I have published here, it seems promising. It will be interesting to see how some of my top performing lenses do here on HubPages.

working