jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'm curious about Hubs. Are they typically created for just one post?

1. George Slade profile image61
    George Sladeposted 3 years ago

I'm curious about Hubs. Are they typically created for just one post?

I've made several entries into my hub about photography books. I envisioned writing a review every week, or every other week, and adding it to the blog. I don't see others doing this on HubPages; most of what I've read seems like one entry, not an on-going stream of content. Maybe I'm "doing it wrong." Any thoughts?

2. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

We all have an option to add to our hubs and are encouraged to update them.  Most of us don't continuously use the same hub to build from because long dragged out articles sometimes bore our audience and the material is better suited to make a brand new hub. This is not always the case. Its your hub. Its up to you what you do with it. Good luck.

George Sladeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. Somehow I got a faulty initial understanding of Hubs. But perhaps a series of individual Hubs on photographers and their books might work. I imagine Hub writers develop a certain persona over time.

3. WryLilt profile image93
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

Hubpages is not a blog. A person who reads one hub of yours is unlikely to read any other, or follow you, especially if they came from Google or social media.

Each hub should be similar to a stand alone quality magazine article. And remember the best hubs answer a question and have low competition on their topic.

George Sladeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the clarification!

working