Is my Amazon Affiliate Program set up properly?

1. blundermom profile image77
    blundermomposted 3 years ago

Is my Amazon Affiliate Program set up properly?

I originally signed up for the Amazon Program through the Hubpages Earnings Settings.  After that, it says "Amazon Program - Active." 

But when I looked up the official HubPages instruction on how to create an Amazon Affiliate account ( http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/crea … te-account) I followed all the steps and made an account on the Amazon.com website itself.

Problem is, the affiliate code I see on Amazon.com is not the same as the one listed in my Hubpages earnings settings.  Is that okay?  Does that just mean I accidentally signed up twice?

2. Arco Hess Designs profile image72
    Arco Hess Designsposted 3 years ago

There are two separate ways to use Amazon on HubPages. The first way is to sign up through HubPages, which is what you originally had done. Doing that, you get already a high percentage of the profit received. The second way is by creating your own Amazon Affiliate account, which is what you did second.

So to recap, do it through HubPages and you use HubPages Amazon Affiliate program. You receive an already high percentage. If you want to do it by yourself, the percentage you receive is tiered by how many products you sell. If you aren't going to sell more than 500 products per month, then stick with the HubPages affiliate program.

So yes, you actually did sign up twice. Once with HubPages and once with Amazon. You said your pages are using HubPages affiliate, so if that's what you want, then don't do anything further.

working